Sunday, August 03, 2008

Wow, I found this in my email drafts from 2004

---This has just broadsided me. I had distinct direction, passion, energy, hope.....can't wait to be back there again, I AM ON MY  WAY:)

Im going to be getting a ring in the few weeks. ...right now me and Tess are deciding whether or not we're gonna get married in January or wait till next june. As of right now I think its gonna be in june('05) so it'll be an outdoor wedding in Colorado. Shes moving back there in a couple weeks and Im pretty sure she'll either comback for ten weeks in September so we can go through a Pre-marital-program-small-group-counseling thing or I'll move there and we'll find a church there that we'll be going to.

Its been all crazy how this has all worked out. it was all little steps of obedience and then God just runs with it and we're on for a ride. Its really been amazing. But right now we're trying to figure out what the best thing as far as timing.

My music is really getting awesome. Gods set a fire inside of me to play. I know He's gonna use it in awesome ways. So for this summer Im gonna be totally focused on writing music. He's brought some awesome people into my life that have inspired me and are willing to help me out with stuff.

Also Stupid Apple is turning out to be amazing. The visions that we thought were big are turning out so small compared to where I know God will bring it. Prayers are being answered in the craziest most amazing ways. So far this is the vision now:
-we're gonna have short films that will be available to youth groups and churches around the country.
-we're gonna have a web site that will pretty much be a place where kids (15-30) can read about anything relevant to life and faith.
-hopefully we will have a circulating bi-monthly magazine someday.
-we're going to carry on the skate ministry
-we're going to bring "Bite The Curb" ministries and also "Overflow Outreach" ministry to conferences around the U.S.
-Overflow Outreach is going to be an Orphanage type outreach that we will start in Africa and God willingly spread.

And the way things are happening is so crazy. the encouragment from people around us and the people who are willing to help. Crazy. People who have no clue about this are brought by God to help us with stuff. We've been praying recently about the legal stuff behind having a production company and also non-profit organizations. So this one random day at Starbucks, Im just working and this dude who is prbably late twenties maybe thirty who Ive talked to about my car comes up and asks me if I do the art work in the store, and I told him I did. Then he told me he just graduated and he's an attourney that specializes in businesses and copyrighting and hes willing to help us out with everything from my artwork, logos, my songs, our name...anything...all for free!! Its crazy. Came out of nowhere!! It started with my art work, then I told him I write music, then I told him about stupid apple!! And thats just one thing!! I met this other crazy awesome guy who just came out of film school in London, we've talked for weeks at work, (hes a customer) then I find out he's a Christian.

Anyways... All of this is years away...maybe 2 because of other priorities and also preperation that God has made evident. Its just going to snowball...if we're trustworthy with the small stuff, God will just keep adding!! One day we'll be getting youth skate ministries scattered around america evangelizing and decipling and sending these kids on mission trips to orphanages/schools/churches around the world all the while keeping Stupid Apple personal with our magazine and web site. Sounds nuts huh?!?! Its wierd though, I cant even imagine doing anything else with my life. Its so awesome!!

...in the desert prepare the way for the Lord, make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all mankind together will see it... isaiah 40:3-5

No comments: