Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Chicago

The great city of Chicago. I experienced a bit of it on DPA's account. Me and Emily were sent out to the Willow Creek Convention in Schaumburg. The show was short and easy to say the least. This trip actually turned out pretty fun. We had a whole day to spend in the city. We were supposed to meet up with Bryce, but...his job at the 'Bucks got in the way.

We took the L downtown which was my first experience on public transportation besides a bus ride from Longmont to Boulder. The train was fairly clean, the stops were really dirty and I didn't really like being in an enclosed environment with so many people that I didn't know. But anyways...we misread the train map and exited a mile or so too soon. The comenced the walking. There was a lot of walking before we finally found what we were looking for. Some real Chicago pizza. Wow. I couldn't move after putting down two deep dish slices and a Sam Adams Seasonal. It was so great.

From there we went to Navy Pier which made me miss the ocean and cool but warm humid weather that is found on the coasts. Then we took a cool little trolly to millenium park. That place was awesome, I wish we could have spent more time there. Sipping on some coffee we had the chance to enjoy a free concert by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. That was awesome...

We walked our way to the Sears Tower and wasted $12 for a ride to the top. Not that cool. Should have went to the John Hancock tower which Bryce and Emily had mentioned, but we forgot. So...train ride back and that was that.

I'd really like to go back on Vacation with family and friends. It's a cool place that I would really like to see more of.

No comments: