Monday, July 21, 2008

Yeah. Maine.

I'd love to spend a summer in Maine. I could become a lobsterman for three months of the year. Waking up before dawn, fry some eggs, grab my cup of coffee, leave a note for the family and head for the docks. I would love that. Board a creaky wooden boat, catch my bearded reflection in the water below and breathe in the salted air. That would be wonderful. Drop traps for the first part of the day and pull traps the rest. Dock the boat just before evening and peel off my waterproof overalls. Yellow waterproof overalls. I'd look down the wooden walkway and see the smile on my wifes face as I  bend down to hug my daughter. I'd take them to the pier for dinner and some salt water taffy. On the weekends we could search the beaches for driftwood and starfish. We could spend afternoons sitting beside famous lighthouses. We could have picnics and eat ice cream on a cone. With sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles. Thats what I would do if I could spend a summer in Maine. 

1 comment:

elisa beeson said...

sounds nice....but you would smell of fish....not nice