Monday, October 29, 2007

Back to da choppa!

I have been attending a convention down in Atlanta for the past week. WFX stands for Worship Facilities Expo. DPA Microphones had a booth set up which was manned by me and Shane.

The food down there was great, it was cool going with Shane, it was nice being out of the office for a week, but I don't ever want to go to another convention again and here is why:

I had about a one week notice which irritated me. I spent $100 for Dashboard Confessional tickets (tickets and stupid fees) that I ended up throwing away because nobody else could go in place of me and Tess. That in itself sucked, not only was that a lot of money wasted for nothing but Tess and I were really bummed about missing the show. Then to top it off I left Tess in a lonely house in a shady neighborhood for a week with our crazy dog and our handful of a kid that needs a babysitter every other day or so because Tess works part time at Starbucks.

A couple things I am glad I learned: I found out that I really hate sleeping alone even if I do have a king size bed all to myself and there really is nothing good on cable TV.

I think the worst part though was just being away from Tess and Olive. I missed them so much I couldn't believe it.

I am so glad to be home.

1 comment:

Bryce Perica said...

Word. I think I would feel the same way if I had a job that possibly involved going to a convention for a week, lived in a shady neighborhood, and had a daughter.