Friday, October 12, 2007

Rose Window Productions

Boring day at work but productive day of research. I want to start a production company that will primarily be involved with Graphic Design (Corporate Identities, T-Shirt designs, any type of freelance job) and Video Production/Editing. The only thing about this is that I first need to legally set up this business.

I have been bouncing from one website to another, each nudging me on to the next with the promise of "more information." A never ending cycle of reading and surfing and not understanding.

Finally I happened upon www.legalzoom.com. I found an article about this company on cnn.com and thought I would give it a try. Amazing I must say that within five minutes of answering questions and filling out information forms I am $109 away from having my production company legally established in the state of Colorado. I feel relieved and excited.

More foot work needs to be done. I have to find out which bank would be the best to set up a business account with. I have to find out about my financing options since the equipment that I need will not be cheap. I need to build my own identity and website. I do already have www.rosewindowproductions.com but no content. I have a rough outlined business plan and a good idea of all the services that I will offer. I still need to come up with workable pricing. I have to research a bit on taxes and if I need to tax my services and how I file at the end of the year. Hmm.

I am sure there is more to this. I hate research. But I will press on and learn as I go.

3 comments:

Bryce Perica said...

Dude, I totally want one of your original creation t-shirts. MaMa!

Rachel L. said...

You have original t-shirts!? I'm in on that too! And is that a good "Dude!" or a bad dude!?

Rachel L. said...

Boooo Boston the baseball team. Awesome city I've heard. And indeed, awesome band. Glad you are catchin' what I'm throwin'.