Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Somebody save the Honky-Tonk

I've needed some sort of change lately. I chopped off most of my hair, it was getting quite long. My usual emo/mullet is gone. I look somewhat clean cut besides the beard I am growing again. It's an anual thing, the beard. Anyways...what I am really writing about is music.

This need for change was met by some old school country music. My buddy Jed has been plugging away while tuned in to Merle Haggard and such. I am hooked. Pandora.com allows you set up a personal radio station. You just type in a band that you like and they will play that band along with lots of other bands with that sort of style. It's like the ultimate un-ending mix-tape.

If you'd like some good music that will get your foot-a-tappin or tears a-rollin...then build a station with Patsy Cline and Willie Nelson. There is nothing like the soothing sounds of a smooth voice, steel guitar, mandolin, and lyrics full of truth, pain, and love. The original.

1 comment:

Bryce Perica said...

I picked a template that was naturally wide. There is a way to widen your text though without picking a new template. If you go into "Edit HTML" on the "Template" tab of your Dashboard you can fool around with numbers in there. Make sure before you do this that you copy and paste the code into a separate document so when you actually change something and your whole blog goes to hell you can paste the good code right back in and be back where you started.