Monday, April 21, 2008

Vegas





Finally back from my trip to Vegas for the NAB convention. I am so glad to be back to the fresh air of Colorado.

I lived in Vegas for 14 years of my life. My family moved there from Charlton Massachusetts when I was 10 years old. I would consider Vegas my home town. I finished elementary school, worked my way through the confusing times of Jr. High and High School. I attended a community college for 3 years and transferred to the Art Institute of Las Vegas. I met life long friends and lifelong heartaches. I discovered what I loved and what I loathe. I owned and sold a Datsun 280zx that carried so many memories of freedom. Last but not least on this list of vagueness, I met my wife in Vegas.

All of these memories came rushing back as I stepped out of the airport and felt the warm city air. At that point and throughout the whole night, I missed my home town. I had wished that Tess was there with me, I wish that we were in my blue 280zx driving up the strip. I had wished that my brother was there with me planning another weekend trip to La Jolla.

By the end of the week these feelings faded fairly quickly. I realized that I just missed all these memories, not Vegas. It doesn't really matter where you live but how you live. It seems that I have forgotten how to make memories like these.

No comments: